ONLINE PAYMENT – HOW TO CHOOSE A PARTNER
More and more often, trade and service enterprises (TSEs) of different profiles face the task of organizing the acceptance of payments for goods and services through the website. An important issue here is the choice of a partner to accept payments. In the article below we will consider the available options.
The obvious solution is to contact the bank you are working with, which may also provide Internet acquiring services. The main advantage of working with the bank is that the bank already knows its client and is likely to connect online payments on that client’s website.
The package of documents set may take some time to complete, since the various services of the bank are consistently reviewing the application. In general, a modern bank, interested in the development of Internet acquiring, processes requests fairly quickly. Despite a number of features, banks provide Internet-acquiring services of a good level.
Another option for online payments is a payment aggregator company, a payment gateway or PSP (Payment Service Provider). PSP is a company that provides a simple, convenient, and reliable service for a merchant or service provider to accept payments through a website using bank cards.
And the PSP has certain advantages:
- an easy and fast integration as the connection is quick and based on a minimal set of documents;
- stable operation of the system, when payment processing is performed around the clock as PSP works with several banks; in case of temporary failures in one bank it will switch transactions to another;
- an adaptive payment page that is displayed correctly on all devices: a laptop, a tablet, a smartphone; at the request of a client (TSE), PSP staff will configure a payment page to match the rules of a TSE website;
- convenient personal account that allows one to monitor statistics and transactions in real time;
- user support available in a 24×7 mode;
- monitoring of payments with the integrated fraud protection system;
- ability to accept payments from customers anywhere in the world.
Choosing a PSP, the shop owner solves most of the issues much faster and easier than if he / she uses the services of the bank. Below are the main differences between the payment gateway and the bank on the example of Chronopay company.
- a personal manager is a privilege of a payment gateway; in this case the solution of clients’ questions is distributed among various departments;
- the bank has an opportunity to consult a specialist, but despite this, there is no round-the-clock technical support, that can be reached by phone to resolve the issue promptly 24x7x365;
- as with the payment gateway, there is an opportunity to make cash refunds to one’s account, including partial ones. It contains customer data, transaction statistics and detailed instructions for its use. There is no need to look anywhere for further information;
- processing of personal data in data center, as well as that of the payment gateway, is carried out in accordance with the Russian Federal Law No.152 “On Personal Data.”
Chronopay Payment Service Provider (PSP):
- unlike the bank, the payment gateway has the ability to set up automatic filters for a specific type of business, and multi-level system of monitoring and prevention of fraudulent transactions, as well as an experience accumulated over the years;
- the manual transaction processing, in case of automatic filters triggering, is one of the main advantages of PSP. If the transaction does not cause suspicion after manual processing, it will be successful;
- possibility to customize the reception by the territorial location of clients, as well as by BINs of the banks. In other words, to accept cards from any place in the world, of any issuer;
- a distinctive PSP feature is the customization of the payment page to the corporate style of customer’s website;
- in case of technical difficulties, it is possible to use the channels of another bank. This feature is important in case of a technical failure in the processing of the current bank. The gateway will be able to switch the transaction flow to another channel;
- another advantage is a simplified payment. Card data will remain in the database and in case of re-payment, if one hits the payment page, one will only need to enter CVV-code. This significantly saves time of the payer, as well as increases client’s loyalty to the business owner;
- in some situations (at the request of the client), the gateway may disable 3DSecure mode checking. In some cases, this simplifies the process of receiving payment. Banks usually do not take such risks.
Based on the above, if it is necessary to organize the payments acceptance through the website, the payment gateway is an obvious solution for any trade and service company. One can easily apply for a connection on the www.chronopay.com website.